Friday, November 13, 2009

Dear Frankie

This was a great movie. I really enjoyed it. And yes that's the same Irish actor from "PS I Love You", such a cutie.
I have to add a little disclaimer to my enjoyment. I love British films and story lines. Also this is a drama, not a romance, not a comedy. Knowing this before hand might help you enjoy it more.
The plot is this. Frankie is a deaf boy growing up with his mother and grandma. He recieves letters from a father that he's never met who is a sailer. He get's really excted when his friend tells him that his fathers ship is coming to port in his city. The twist is that his mother made up the story of the sailing father and has been the one recieving and writing the letters to frankie.
That's about how much the trailer discloses so I wont say anymore. But it's a great movie to rent (it's been out for a few years).

1 comment: