Friday, November 13, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are

I'm not going to sugar coat this one, Mark and I HATED this one! We are both lovers of the book. In fact, I read this one to the daycare kids every time I'm there. Anyway, they took a childrens book that only has an average of 7 words to a page and around 10 pages and tried to make an hour and a half movie out of it. There's a lot that wasn't in the book, to say the least. Going to it I knew this would be the case, the thing Mark and I didn't like was how they turned it into some psycological thing. Like he was running away because he didn't know how to deel with the reality of his own life. The monsters, I wasn't sure if they were supposed to represent the people in his life or if they were supposed to be the voices in his head... They helped him work out one of the issues in his life but it was way too weird. I do think they did a good job in creating the wild things. I didn't like the music in it. I don't think that children will understand it, Mark and I had a hard time understanding it. See it at your own risk is what I'm trying to say. I am interested in knowing if any children liked it so let me know if you've taken your kids to it or heard any kids opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment