Sunday, January 17, 2010

Calamity Jane


This is one of my all time favorite movies. I'm telling you it's wonderful. Doris Day is Calamity Jane and Howard Keel (that would be Adam in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, also classic must see) is Wild Bill Hitcock. The music is great, they are truely talented. I'll be honest with you, I think Doris is beautiful and my sisters and I used to watch her movies all while I was in high school, I used to wish I could look as cute as she was. Silly girl I was.

Anyway, Calamity is a tom boy who is always trying to prove herself. She get's herself in a bind when she promises to bring a famous actress to her small little town in the Dekota Territories. When she does she realizes what it's like to be a girl. That includes all the jealousy of seeing her crush liking that same actress she brought into town. I love the old classic musicals, after this film you will too. Such a great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment